Tuesday, June 30

Two Weeks Old

custodia legis
In the custody of law.



It took two solid weeks for me to finally get bored of the class schedule. It took most about 10 hours. Meh, pessimists.

I think the first blow came when a bunch of us missed out on this personality development class that was supposedly mandatory, but that wasn't really made clear. And those who stayed only did so because the didn't want to get back home drenched in the rain. Except me; I was too sleepy to notice there was a shift in the attendance equilibrium, or to make an effort to get up from the make-shift bed I had created at my desk. Well, we got royally screwed for that, and college hasn't been the same since.

The second round was when I got tired of the cafeteria food. It's still pretty awesome, but where's the fun in it when you know it's just bad as hell for you?

The third? No fresher's party. I'm not even kidding.

My seniors are cool: they help you out when you hesitate to lift a Supreme Court record journal from the library in the fear that the groaning noise of the shelves shifting from the weight might cause some major embarrassment, and they pretend like they're going to rag the hell out of you, but you know it's never going to happen since they college is very strict about those things. So all we want from them is a casual fresher's party where we can get to know them.

And where we can get stoned. Or whatever people do at fresher's parties.

What? OK, maybe they don't always get stoned, but how would I know? I've never been to one, and we all know who's fault that is now.


Adjourned.
.

No comments: